The Man Who Walked With God After the Fall of Man
Daily Reading: (Genesis 5:21-24):
“When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.”
Genesis 5 begins with the genealogy of the first man who God created, Adam.
“This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind” when they were created” (Genesis 5:1-2).
You may have noticed a footnote next to the word mankind and that the word mankind is in parenthesis. Why is that? Well, the Hebrew word that is used here for mankind is “adam”. Some translations will actually just use the word adam instead of mankind.
Genesis chapters two and five say that you were made by divine design in the image of our very Creator. God made us. Our origin started with God. How did God create us? Genesis 2:7: “Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”
The Bible was written a long time ago passed down from generation to generation. In Genesis 2:7 what does it say that God made us out of? Dust, the Earth. So, if our genetic makeup is dirt so to speak, we should easily be able to prove or disprove this. Back when Genesis was written, people didn’t have the science to confirm or deny this and they could not envision as they were writing Genesis that we would one day be able to prove or disprove whether or not Genesis 2:7 is true. If it is false then not a single word of the Bible could be or should be trusted. That is how serious of an issue this is. This speaks to atheists, agnostics, and even Christians alike. Does God exist it, did He create us, and then how did He do it?
The human body is made up almost entirely of 13 elements. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen make up 96% of our body’s mass. The other 4% of body weight is composed almost entirely of sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine, and iodine. Silicon as an element in the human body (less than one percent). Every single one of the 13 elements is what makes up the Earth’s material.
“Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away” (Genesis 5:24). Enoch was the first one to experience a Rapture.
Before he was taken he had this testimony, that “he pleased God”.What is pleasing to God? Let’s go to Hebrews 11:5-6 for some clarification:
Hebrews 11:5–6 (Amplified Bible): “By faith [that pleased God] Enoch was caught up and taken to heaven so that he would not have a glimpse of death; and he was not found because God had taken him; for even before he was taken [to heaven], he received the testimony [still on record] that he had walked with God and pleased Him. But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.”
Enoch still walked with God, even after the fall of man. The New Covenant way of walking with God is found in Galatians 5:16. “I say then: ‘Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.” You’re not walking with the Spirit. You’re not walking before the Spirit. Because that would indicate that the Holy Spirit is outside you. Don’t forget that the Holy Spirit is God Himself who dwells within you, so you walk in the Spirit.
That is a very intimate term because the real you is actually a spirit. God made you in His image, but it wasn’t until God breathed into you the breath of life and God made you a spirit that you came to life. There are actually three parts to every human being: body, soul, and spirit. Paul would write in 1 Corinthians 6:19: “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.”
In the old tabernacle of Moses, you find there are three parts to it. The outer court, which is your body. The Holy Place, which is your soul. And then the Holy of Holies, where the Ark of the Covenant is, that’s the spirit.
We will see Enoch return to Earth for a specific purpose. He was taken and preserved for a special purpose and he will be brought back for a special purpose too found in the book of Revelation chapter 11.